Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gardening Again!

Hi you all!

Another day I'm up and able, I ought to be thankful for that. How are you? I have to say I've re-discovered my method of rejuvenation. It has been some years, though.....
I love what I do, don't misunderstand. I own and operate my own soap and herbal shop, and I'm inspired and excited by my shop's progress. Starting up and making a business succeed takes a lot of time. The first five years, I was absorbed by it. I did not do the things I've always done in my last twenty or so years.

I didn't read. I didn't work out my astrology charts, I didn't garden, etc. I worked hard at the business almost 24/7 363 (maybe 2 days off a year) days a year. Just last year, I began finding myself again.

I began reading. I credit this to my son, Jeremy, who gifted me on Mother's Day with a John Grisham novel I had not read. It took me a few months to read more than a few pages at a time, but I eventually found that enjoyable space when reading an exciting novel puts me in a rejuvenating zone again.

Just this spring, I re-found my gardening spot. It has been 5 years since I put my hands in soil with purpose. Last Sunday, I spent the day in my garden beginning to reclaim what I had worked so hard for before I began soap making. It is going to be a hard task, but it felt so good to be out there. I went back at it Monday, even though it was lightly raining. Yesterday - too wet. But, today, it will be dry and sunny, and I'm going to step out in it for 30 minutes or so.

It felt good, it makes my space look good, and it is going to feed me and mine. Yes, I planted, too. I planted spinach, lettuce, and peas. I have lots of plans for the small space I'm reclaiming this year. And, next year? I hope to reclaim some more.

So, now I re-discovered two out of three main structures of myself. I'm looking forward to the day I can re-discover my passion for astrology.

Thanks for hearing me out...kathleen

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you're working on being a "whole" person. Congrats on making time to do everything that you love to do!

    ReplyDelete