Friday, August 5, 2011

Rain Outs at the Farmer's Market

...which I can ill afford now that I'm single again.  I began going back to the market because of the extra income I do so need.  Well, what to do when I'm rained out - and it looks as if that is going to happen at tomorrow's market.


I think I know what to do.  I will offer Free Shipping at my online shop every weekend I'm unable to go to the market.  This creates a "market-like" atmosphere in that you come in, pick up and pay for what you want, (wait a couple of days), and it arrives free.  And, this may in turn increase my sales for that weekend to help make up for my loss at the local market.  I will also offer reduced shipping for all International orders - according to weight - I will reimburse like value as for domestic orders. Whatever it would cost to ship domestic is the amount of refund for International shipments.

What do you think?  Is it fair?  When my local customers get a break, my online customers don't.  When my local customers don't get a break, my online customers do.  Seems odd, doesn't it?

I think we are going to give it a go this weekend - as the forecast is calling for 70% thunderstorms and showers Saturday.  I'll have to let you know how it goes.


yours, kathleen

1 comment:

  1. Well, sounds oddly fair! Hopefully you'll get loads of sales, one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete