Monday, April 27, 2009

Craft Shows and Farmer's Market - the season has begun!!

Good day, my friends and browsers:

What a whirlwind of a week it has been. I've done my best to keep up with both the outside world and internet world - and, it is not easy. I didn't even twitter for two days!!! Can you believe it?

I have started my Farmer's Market season Saturday, April 18 - and it was a great day. We have a new location this year, right on Center Street (the main street that runs through downtown) and cannot be missed by the most focused of drivers. Years previous, our loyal and regular customers had trouble finding us year to year. Yay! for everyone on this deal.


I've posted pictures of the first day on my flickr account. I have not found a way to post my flickr to my blog, yet, but I am working on it. I am also wanting to add a calendar to my blog so that you may know where to find me if you are looking to see my products in firsthand.


Last Saturday, April 25 and 26, I did a Spring Garden Faire show at The Exchange Place in Kingsport Tenn. (Pictures of this event are at my flickr account also - which is the link from the title of this blog.) This is the first year I did this show without rain or cold weather. It was beautiful albeit hot for this time of year. In fact, I noticed the pups and doggies act as if we are in the dog days of Tennessee, usually occurring July-August range. Whew!
Everyone is planting now here. Annuals, perennials, and trees. I hope you are having good weather wherever you are.

I tell everyone about my blog in the last two outings. I have had two outstanding responses from others who blog, too. But, most, I could tell, wasn't sure what I was talking about. :)



I feel I am going to have to work a bit harder this year- I now have two worlds I operate in -and now that one world is kicking back up to action, I need to remember to do both worlds. Last year, I only had eBay to think about. This year, I have 5 shops online, a facebook page, my blogspot, my flickr account, my twittering, and I belong to a bath and body guild. And, I am very excited about it all. ♥

Thanks for hearing me out. I'll be back soon for more of the same. k






1 comment:

  1. hi Kathleen! i found you on the soapmakers exchange (i buy my oils from missionpeaksoap.com a few miles from my home-thats their site) and i've really enjoyed your blog! you make beautiful soap, and i love that you have your hands in so many different [soap] pots at the same time- amazing and inspiring to me! just wanted to say hello- i've been making soap for a little while and was blogging practically daily- but life took over and it all got put on the back burner. until last week! stop by sometime. i have an etsy shop and shophandmade.com too, as well as 1000markets- but all are down for a while. have a great week!
    christine
    http://www.barrsbythebaysoaps.blogspot.com
    http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Barrsbythebay

    ReplyDelete