Friday, April 3, 2009

A Speaking Engagement

Good day, Dear folks:
I am feeling pretty good today.

But, for days preceeding a speaking engagement, I'm a mess. I cannot think of much else, and I keep wondering why anyone would want to hear what I have to say. Anyone can find out what I know, all they need do is look it up. :)

I guess the nicest thing about my engagment last night is that my audience seemed very interested in my story. The worst thing is the hour drive and the storm coming in from the south!!

The Topic was "Herbal Skin Care" and the group is an herb society in Kingsport. It was held at a place called The Exchange Place - a historic site that was used in the 1800's for exchanging goods. It has an old schoolhouse on the grounds. I wish I had taken pics of it. I do have a show coming up there at the end of this month, however, and I will then.

My camera's flash is not working anymore. So my pics of the talk are terrible. It was a great gig, because I had the floor to talk all about my products, then I was I allowed to sell what I brought (which wasn't much). The pretty packages are gifts for the ladies, and what was left over sold. None came home. Yay!

This weekend, I will blog about the talk in a proper manner. I will outline the aspects of the talk, show you what I used for visual aids, and give you tips you may not have when it comes to speaking to a group. I have good pics of the visual aids, and you are welcome to use any or all of what I use. ;)

Before I end this, I'd like to show you a couple more things. I've been working on swirling my soap lately. I feel I'm not up to par in this area of soap making. But, my latest makes me feel pretty good about my determination to make a pretty swirled soap.

It is curing now, but I'll take pics soon and show you the cut version.

And, I've listed some newly cured soaps in my shops this last week. You might like to check them out.
Oh, I almost forgot. I'm looking for some new etsy finds that are spring like, bright, and makes us feel good looking at them. I'm on the hunt. I hope to have that filled this weekend, too. Thanks for your patience with me. Lol Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment