Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Changing of the Guard


Hi:

I don’t want to turn this blog into something political, but I am going to say that I am so glad the elections are over!

There has been tension in my home since the campaigns began. I have heard this for a lot of other households, as well. There is still a wait-and-see attitude; but the time for trying to convince another to see it a certain way is past. And, I, for one, am very glad about that.

It had been a long campaign, and never did it feel so long as when I realized it was over. It is like a weight being lifted off the shoulders, and that I may breathe easier now. I wonder if you feel the same.

And, my guess is that everybody has a wait and see attitude about our new president, Barack Obama. But that may be said about every new president we have had. And, my guess is that some party or other has always predicted doom when it is the other party in power. And, yet, here we are still.

I, personally, think we did something noble when we elected our first African-American president. It was inevitable sometime along the way, and I am glad it is sooner rather than later. And, historically, the African-American got the vote before the Woman did.

Woman will have to be a president, too….sometime along the way!
:)

Isn’t this fun?

Kathleen
Did you know that basil makes a strong spicy cup of tea that wakes a body up? It is delicious with or without a drop of honey, and the drinking of it promotes being alert! A plant on a windowsill also deters houseflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment